Monday, January 2, 2012

Comparing vba2c vs c-section recovories

ok.  I'm going to try to keep this short but some have asked my experience comparing the two different birth recoveries.  Here are some thoughts just less than 2 days out of delivery...

1. Can laugh, cough, sneeze without tummy pain.  (However cough causes butt/ crotch pain due to tears... however not as severe)
2. Can get out of bed without assistance.
3. Can be more independent and enjoy my family more
4. Can hold my 2 year old without fear of pain or injury
5. Nursing is so much better and milk seems to be coming in faster than ever experienced before.
6. Can drive without restrictions
7. Can shower and soak in bath and am encouraged to
8. More bleeding the 1st 24 hours
9. Upper back and arms sore from intense labor (more sore than lower back which is surprising to me)
10. Can and always have been able to stand straight up right

I am expecting to be feeling better tomorrow- 3 days out.  I forget how tiring it is to have a baby and deal with lack of sleep... plus juggle two other children.  That is true with any birth.  It has to be so much easier than having my tummy cut open and be healing from that.  Yes I am sore from natural labor.  It was a task to birth her.  But the pains are natural ones and will heal faster than unnatural ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment